Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Thursday 28 June 2012

Put YOU in YOUR diary!

I can guarntee you that if you do something for yourself you'll have a cheesy smile like this and you'll be putting two thumbs up!



When was the last time that you did something for yourself???

For you. Not your netball club, not your football club, not for friends, not for work, not for family...for YOURSELF.

By that I mean, when did you last schedule time in to your diary to: go and buy some paints and a canvas and to take the time to create a masterpiece, or search through cookbooks for a recipe that you've always wanted to cook and spent the day baking, or gone for that big bike ride down to the beach or written some poetry or read a book without disruptions?

It might be going to a concert that you have always wanted to go to. With friends OR by yourself!

We too often spend our time trying to please others. How about pleasing ourselves?

It's important to create some time for yourself. It might be once a week, or once a month. Put a time in your diary. Tell others that you've got such and such date blocked out to spend time doing something that you've always wanted to do.

Don't cancel on yourself. You know how much it sucks when someone bails on you. Don't bail on yourself.

I promise that you'll feel the biggest sense of satisfaction.

OR...you might go on a shopping trip and pop via the bottle O on the way home and pick up a treat!

For years I have wanted to write. I have wanted to create awareness about things that matter to me. It's taken me 3 years since I finished my English degree to make time to do it. I never thought I'd have "the time". But now I make time. I use my lunch break to create a blog. I might spend an hour on a Sunday whipping something up.

It's so rewarding.

Or it could be buying something that you totally don't NEED (like a TACO PURSE haha) just because you WANT it! haha

We all have 24 hours in a day. Schedule just 1 hour a week for yourself.

What have you always wanted to do but you haven't had the "time" to start?

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: