Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Are you proud of yourself?

The thing I am most proud of is my loving relationship with my hunk a spunk and the fact that we're GETTING MARRIED!


Today I give you PERMISSION to BRAG!

That's right! I want you to talk POSITIVELY about yourself! I want you to TALK YOURSELF UP!

Yes, that's right... I want you to think about everything that you have achieved, no matter how small or big it might be. I want you to STOP being SO HARSH ON YOURSELF. I want you to let yourself say "god I'm good!"

***Insert the tune, I'm going to give myself permission to shinnnnnnnnnnnne HERE!***

I want you to think about that goal that you had in your mind that you have ACHIEVED.

Whether that's going for a walk everyday, or making some time for yourself in your busy schedule, or picking up a book that you've always wanted to read and reading it, or picking up a paint brush and painting, or applying for a new job, or SCORING a new job, or getting engaged, or STARTING A BLOG, or becoming a mum or whatever it is that you are proud of!

I want you to think about some things.

Are you proud of yourself?

Did you just cringe when you read the title of this blog or did you light up and want to start joyfully telling the world about everything that you have achieved in your life?

If you cringed, why?

What aren't you proud of? 

What's holding you back from being the best possible person that you can be?

LET IT GO!!! It's not worth the internal struggle and PRESSURE that you are placing on yourself. 

Do you dwell on things that have happened in the past that you can't change or do you admit, deal with and move on from the things that are no longer in your control?

We're FAR TOO harsh on ourselves ALL OF THE TIME. 

Today I want you to save your praise for yourself!

YES I am proud of the fact that a year ago I struggled to get out of bed and to shower in the morning because I was suffering from Depression. I have fought so hard to overcome it and NOW, now I am renovating, engaged and I have started my BLOG that brings me so much joy and I am stronger, happier and more grateful then ever!

What have you done that you are proud of? I'd love for you to share it here with me!

Remember, today is the day that you have been given PERMISSION TO BRAG! Don't HOLD back!

You are amazing!

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

4 comments:

Janna Renee said...

I am always proud of myself ;) I make very good choices in life, and have grown with each passing year! We should all strive to be our best, and then we can be proud!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I have learnt to follow my gut and therefore I'm proud of everything that I do (most of the time...sometimes I say things that I don't mean if I'm really really really tired and stressed) but that's on the rare occasion!

I think we need to tell ourselves more often that we're proud! People seem to have changed it into people bragging and being up themselves when they talk about their achievements but that's not the case at all!

Samara said...

I am proud of myself for washing my hair today. No joke. And for booking a doctor's appointment, even thought it means they're going to prod me and poke me and steal my blood :P

Unknown said...

That's MASSIVE Samarz! Lol how are you coping with two such BIG steps in one day? haha LOVE IT and LOVE YOU. It is very brave of you to book an appointment to be jabbed...I understand how scary stupid needles are...but you always get a lolly after! That makes it alll better!