Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Wednesday 22 August 2012

Life in America by the beautiful Marianna.

Today I welcome Marianna to my blog to tell us about why we should pop over to America for a visit. When I think of America I think Disneyland, and Hollywood and JUNK FOOD and Niagara Falls but Marianna has some other reasons that we should visit!

I met Marianna is this crazy world of blogging. She's so cute. You'd love her blog! It's awesome meeting people from all around the world.

Enjoy!


G'day mates!
(That's me saying hello in my best Aussie accent.)
My name's Marianna. 

That's me.

I blog over at Delightfully Dunn about all sorts of random things:
usually my sweet dogs, wonderful husband, and penchant for sleeping in way too late. 
But also my adventures navigating through the "grown-up" world. 

I've been following Kirsty's blog for sometime now and feel so honored to have met her though this crazy blogging world. When she asked me if I would be interested in doing a guest post I couldn't respond YES fast enough.

As we've gotten to know each other a little bit, we've realized several things.

We both clearly have a couple screws loose a love/hate relationship with renovating, a firm belief in the power of the man cave, and a new found passion for this little thing called blogging. 

We've also decided that a road trip (or plane trip rather) is definitely needed to our respective countries.
Because clearly, we are awesome, as is America and Australia. Duh.

So today I'm going to share:

Reasons why Kirsty needs to get her booty up to America:


1. Michael Phelps. 
As I continue to mourn the end of the Olympics, I can't help but be reminded of the abundance of abs uh pride our American athletes had for our county. If Michael Phelps doesn't make you want to chant U-S-A, I don't know what will.


2. New York City
America has a ton of great cities worth visiting. But my all time favorite (besides my hometown, of course) would have to be New York City. From the rich American history to the new and upcoming fashion trends to the witty words of Carrie Bradshaw, NYC has a little something for everyone and I just love it.


3. State Fairs
America is all about a State Fair. We Americans love our cheap carnival rides and fried foods. (Hello deep fried Oreos.) Mr. Dunn and I try to attend at least one fair a year - and I promise Kirsty would LOVE  it!


4. Reality Television
From "The Bachelor" to "Jersey Shore" to "Here Comes HoneyBooBoo"....Americans are a little obsessed. This isn't necessarily a good thing, but hey it always proves for good entertainment and a great conversation starter. 


5. Willow
This little bundle of joy lives in America. Really, she should be reason number 1 and only to visit America. I mean, come on. How stinkin cute is she?!?!


Obviously, I'm probably a little biased (not about cute Willow is. No, everyone agrees with that) about how wonderful America is. It's my home and I really do think it's everything. 
But the truth of the matter is, my life in America seems to be very similar to Kristy's life in Australia. 
And that my friends, is reason number 234095897 why this blogging thing is so cool! We're connecting to each other despite the fact that we're 9,637 miles (that's accurate, I calculated it) away. 

Thanks for letting me rant on about America!
Now come visit...forreal! :)

And don't forget to stop by and say hey! I love meeting new people! 


Hugs,

No comments: