Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Sunday 4 November 2012

I'm SOOOO Excited Because...


Via



I'm going to become an aunty.

Yup, that's right, my little sister is going to be one hot mumma!

So I have known this secret for a little while now and it's been KILLING ME! When she first told me I wanted to scream it to the world! A whoop!

My sister suffers from endometrosis. At 16 she was told that she'd have a 4% chance of falling pregnant. Could you imagine how difficult that would've been to hear?

After being treated like a pin cushion, with test, after test, after test, they were basically told to go for gold and to let the little swimmers backstroke it to the finish line!

And voila - they swam in record breaking line, stealing the show and running away with the prize of the golden egg.

So yes, that meant that she was drinking mocktails in Fiji. Was she disappointed that she couldn't get drunk at her wedding (believe it or not, people did ask this), HELL NO!

She was beaming.


My gorgeous sister on her wedding day in Fiji.
I am sooo incredibly excited. I can't wait to fill them full of sugar and hand them back swinging off of the rafters  love!

Here's the bump (and yes, it's still only teeny, infact, I'm pretty sure my belly looks bigger then that!)


The cute little bump (yes, this is what I look like after a t-bone steak! haha)
Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

2 comments:

christine said...

Congrats, auntie!!

Amy Laura said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog! Loved Adelaide!!! Totally miss it. But ah well. This is so exciting about your sister! Babies are always so gorgeous. You will love being an Aunty!

Amy
xx