Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Sunday 6 January 2013

Focuses for 2013

Via


My best friend inspired this blog post, as I particularly loved her idea to create "focuses" not resolutions or unrealistic goals for 2013.

Focuses somehow seem much more achieveable.

I really do believe in creating "focuses" or smart goals at the start of each year. Once you start full time work, the years just seem to zoom past. I don't know whether it's that, or that the "milestones" that you have to look forward to seem to become further and further apart (10 year birthdays - garrr!). But, setting goals gives you something to look forward to achieving in that year. It's also a great feeling to get to the end of the year and realise all of the boxes that you have ticked through your hard work and determination.

So here goes.

Our focuses for 2013 are:


1. Paying off our outside area. Such a lame first focus but we don't have much left to pay and we just want to get it done and dusted!

2. Plan our wedding! A whoop! So very incredibly excited that we get married in October THIS YEAR!

How pretty is this!?
Just one of the super cute things that I have seen on Pinterest!
This is the kind of wedding we're talking about!
Yesss!!!

Butttt at the same time as planning a wedding, another focus is not getting too caught up in the craziness of ice sculptures, fancy shmancy stuff and over pinteresting the wedding (I am of the opinion that less is more -but that's just me - each to their own). I don't want to lose sight of what the day is really about, and for us, it's being able to celebrate choosing to spend every day together in front of our closest friends and family, in a very 'us' style. I therefore want to focus on mine and Mick's relationship, and getting excited about the next step, and not letting the stress of planning a wedding get in the way!


3. Choosing, saving and planning a super amazing honeymoon! A whoop! We're currently tossing up ideas between going around Australia for 3 months and popping overseas! Decisions, decisions!



Bora Bora - HELL YES! Via


I can keep easily picture me right about THERE!

Or the Kimberlys in Australia??? Via
Ayers Rock road trip? Via

4. For me, making some new friends when we move home.

5. Skype my old friends in Adelaide regularly!


Via


6. Being healthy - I don't mean healthy as in go on some crazy diet, or something totally out there like committing to exercise everyday (it's just not going to happen), I just mean being happy, taking deep breaths when things get a little stressful, and putting things in perspective healthy. Healthy for me is more about being happy than being stick thin.

Via


What are your focuses for this year?

I really do fine that it helps if you write them down somewhere - and particularly if they are visible ie on a white board, or sharing them with your partner, that way you are held accountable.

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

1 comment:

Samara said...

Damn right you'll skype us! xx