Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Monday 8 April 2013

I'm A Super Proud Aunty!

Photo: A very proud and loved up aunty kirsty :)
Me and my gorgeous niece! 

My best friend once told me that being an Aunty was 'the best thing since sliced bread'.

Let me tell you, I'd trade all of the chocolate in this world to be able to spend a few moments cuddling my little niece while looking into her big beautiful eyes and wondering what she's thinking (obviously, wow, how am I so lucky to have such a wonderful Aunty haha?!).

Yup, that's right, I am currently experiencing a love that up until Friday, I didn't even know existed.

Meet Ameika Sian (pronounced Sharn)  Kaye, the most precious bundle of joy who has bought so much love into this world. She graced us with her presence on Friday the 5th of April, weighing 7lbs 12 ounces (fatty boom ba) and was 51cm long (how on earth that fits inside my sisters belly is beyond me!). Needless to say, I have a whole new level of respect for my sister!!!


Photo: Our little poser.. I mean... princess hehe so cute!!!
Isn't she just edible? 
Nawww I just want to pinch those cute little cheeks!

Of course, there's some massive bonuses about being an Aunty.


You get to:

1.Bask in the glow of a new precious life, the heart warming tenderness of cuddles, and the feeling of love literally flowing through your blood without having to deal with ice packs melting between your legs (don't ask), bulging boobies as the milk comes in, and stitches down yonder.

2. Cuddle the baby until your heart is content, and then when you feel a rumble down under and the slightest stench threatening the very existence of fresh air, you can say 'cuddle over, mummy's turn' and secretly giggle because you've palmed off the dirty nappy duties to someone else.


3. Tickle, play and wander what's going on beyond those big blue eyes, until the little bubs starts a yawning Mexican wave and you know that you get to race home to a nice warm bed, and drift off to sleep with a smile of happiness and contentment on your face, while the mummy and daddy spend the night wondering what the different cries mean, ripping out their hair after feeding, changing, burping and soothing their little bundle of joy with no success!

4. Browse through the baby section in shops and then race around to their house and change her 15 times until you find the most adorable outfit, and in the meantime, bubs has spewed, drawled and pooped over every single item and you get to admire how cute she looks while the mum is busy washing the clothes (haha I haven't told my sister that this is going to happen yet!)

5. Feel an overwhelming sense of pride not only towards the bubs, but also to their super doting parents. I am so incredibly proud of my beautiful sister. To see the look of love, amazement and joy in her face lights up my world (can you tell that I'm still in the mushy, super proud phase!?) She's such a natural!

6. All of a sudden, feel like you have become a macho woman who can take on anyone who threatens the very happiness of little Meiky Moo! (giggle). *Puffs up shoulders and tries to put a dont-mess-with-me-face-on!*

7. Tease your parents about becoming a 'granny' and 'grumps' (mum and dad both HATE those words - "it's Nan and Poppy!') The words grey and hairs also appears in this tormenting!

8. Giggle to your partner about becoming an uncle and aunt! Tee hee! I can't wait until she says 'Aunty Kirst is the bestest in the world!'

9. Watch in awe and amazement as she changes each and every day, and knowing that you aren't responsible for the 'serious stuff' just the 'fun stuff!' (while paying out your sister and brother in law about the different features and characteristics that she has taken on from both of them in a friendly family banter - ish type of way!)

10.  Cuddle and kiss and love and cherish until your heart is content and then hand them back (very reluctantly but in a she's so cute NOT I want one of these pooping machines way lol)!!!
Photo: And at the risk of everyone saying you must be getting clucky...here's another one...trust me the ice pack between tegans legs are putting me off for awhile longer yet lol
Very proud Aunty and Uncle!

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx








No comments: