Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Don't Tell the Guests; The Ceremony

Haha had to laugh at this - except it should be - Do you Kirsty, promise to blog about Michael, every day for the rest of your life haha Via

How many times have you heard people say 'who cares about the ceremony - bring on the after party' or 'I can't wait for the formalities to be over - look out reception' or 'boring - readings, vowels, hymns, songs, been there - do that - who cares - I just want to make good use of the open bar!?'

To be honest, I think it's incredibly sad that more significance isn't placed on the ceremony - after all, a wedding is all about the joining of a man and a woman to become husband and wife in front of their closest friends and family and well, that happens during the ceremony.
When I was reading my best friends blog the other day, I realised that what she was saying really hit home to me.
Samarz and her husband Joel
She said " Don't forget the ceremony "
I don't know if it's because I'm over planning the wedding with 5 weeks to go, but as it draws nearer I care less about the reception, and more about the ceremony. I am so ready to marry my fiance. I am so ready to stand in front of my friends and family and to say those magical vows in front of everyone. 

You know those words that give me butterflies just thinking about;

"I Kirsty take you, Michael, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part."



I can't wait to see Michael's face as I walk down the aisle. I'm excited to have my parents stand by my side, hand in hand, as they give me away to my future husband.

I'm thrilled to be able to see those closest to us, standing in the crowd, nervously and excitedly waiting to see us be joined together in marriage.

I can't wait to have our good friend playing guitar, and singing with her beautiful voice, as I walk down the aisle.

I'm eager to see the girls looking all beautiful in their dresses, with their hair and make up, shoes and accessories, and the boys all suited up.

I can't wait for people to see the unique twists that we've whispered about in discussions with the celebrant as part of our ceremony.

I'm honored to have two of my best friends read out special words, written as commitments to each other, and to tell our story.

I'm proud to be standing beside a man, who I love with all of my heart, and who I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with.

I can't wait for all of the planning, stress, and expenses to disappear in front of our eyes, because the day will be more then we could have ever imagined.

So yes, the ceremony is the 'formal' part of the day, but it's also the most special for the bride and groom. It is two people, putting their own twist on the vows, looking into each others eyes, and making promises, that are legally binded by law, but also emotionally promised to each other.

What little twists did you put on your special day?

Do you value the ceremony?

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx


No comments: