Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Saturday 19 October 2013

Don't Tell the Guests - The Crazy Hens Weekend

One thing that I have always looked forward to with getting married is the hens weekend!

I have been a bridesmaid 4 times, and each time I have had the fun of coordinating a fun, crazy, relaxed and out there weekend for my gorgeous brides, but this time, it was my turn to wait nervously to see what my girls had planned for me!

(Okay, so I wasn't very nervous, I was just super glad that someone else was doing the organising for me lol).

Luckily for me, I had a bridal party of 8, which meant that they had many hands and brains to bounce ideas off of, and to be able to help out and create the MOST amazing weekend for me.

So.... it started with the girls dressing me up in my kit and kaboodle (see below).




Then we boarded a bus, all decked out with balloons, and stocked full of eskies with goodies and champers, ready for a wine tour through the McClarin Vale!

Amazing!!!



Once aboard, we popped a bottle of champers, and the girls took turns introducing themselves, and told a funny story from their memory bank of a time that we had spent together.

Needless to say, there were many laughs!!!

Thennnn... the first game was introduced. The girls had asked Mick a series of questions, and I had to correctly answer them. Each time I got a question wrong, a penis / sexual ornament was attached to my outfit!!!

Mick had played silly buggers, and had purposely given them the wrong answers so I ended up with a penis headband, condoms attached to me, handcuffs, penis whistles, shot glasses and much more!!!

GOLD!
Two of my bridesmaids were preggas so while we drank wine, they drank hot chocolate!
Me and my attachments!!! 
We visited 4 different wineries, and got told to pipe down a couple of times as we were full of energy, giggles, and as the day went on, booze!!!

We were clearly the most classy bridal party (cough)! While we were dressed in crazy clothes, other bridal parties rocked in in cocktail dresses! (BORING!) haha

That night, I was fortunate to have a topless waiter serve us drinks (hello girls!)



As the night went on, different games were introduced, including the best toilet paper bride kit and kaboodle!!!




The topless waiter ensured that we were entertained, and well hydrated throughout the night!!!

We played all sorts of games, including pictionary and actionary which were all wedding themed!!!

Did I also mention that the girls had whipped up a Mexican feast, with tacos, burritos and wait for it, SANGRIA!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!


Elke came all the way from Belgium to join in on the fun!

Needless to say, the next day we all spent lazying around in bean bags and soaking up the sun, sipping ciders, eating food, chocolate and nibbles recovering after the craziness from the night before!!

I truely had the best weekend!

The girls managed to include all of my favourite things; from wine, to fruit chocs, Mexican, sangria, music, games and my favourite girls!!!

Very lucky!


Anddd my girls even had these amazing shirts made up for the special occasion!!!
I decided to have my hens weekend the weekend before the wedding so that all of my girls who were travelling from afar could join in on the fun!

How did you spend your hens weekend?

What activities did you have?


Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxxx

No comments: