Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Friday 20 December 2013

2 Very Special Events in 2013

Tis' the time of the year to reminisce on the year that was and me oh my two incredibly special things happened in my life that showed me a love I didn't even know existed; I became a wife and an Aunty.

On the 5th of April the most precious gift of all was delivered into this world and our lives haven't been the same since in the form of a tiny baby girl.

She has cute little red locks, huge chubby cheeks that you want to devour and a grin that stretches ear to ear whenever you see her.

I've taught her to dance, she loves when I sing her twinkle twinkle little star despite my out of pitch voice and she lights up my world with her smile.

I see her every week but I just can't get enough of her.

She truly is adorable and I am the proudest aunt.

To watch her grow and develop a little personality from a blob to being about to crawl like a turbo, say dad and nan, high five, clap and wave is something of a miracle.

She's bought so much love and joy into our family.

The second biggest event of my life was marrying my best friend of 10 years.

I have learnt that a wedding is so much more then one day for two people, it's months of planning that brings two families and friends together from world's apart to celebrate a very special union.

Wedding days are always so special and judging by the looks of the smiles on our guests faces and the unique moments captured by our photographer, everyone had a great time.

I will never forget spending the week before getting ready with my girls, seeing all of the beautiful smiling faces of our loved ones as we walked down the aisle, capturing the eye of a very nervous husband for the first time, hearing the voice of a good friend sing our aisle song, listening to the girls read our commitments, saying our special vowels, quality time with Mick in amongst the vines, our crazy wedding dance, the photo booth  shenanigans, one of my dear friends fighting over my bouquet and having everyone together.

It was truly magical.

This year I feel so blessed for the relationships in my life ranging from old beloved friends to the new friendships I'm creating and my beautiful marriage.

What big events have happened in your life this year?

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: