Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Friday 20 December 2013

Thank you

I've been wanting to write this post for a long time, but I could never find words that carried enough meaning to be able to convey what I have been feeling.

Upon reflecting on the year gone by, I realized just how big of a role my blog has played in my happiness.

I receive so much joy at each chance that comes by for me to sit for a little while and ponder life and the roller coaster that it can  sometimes be.

Nothing makes me feel more alive then when I write a really powerful piece and I hit the publish button in hope that it will reach someone out there who is willing to listen.

I feel so humbled every time I receive a lovely email from someone reaching out to say that my sharing has touched their lives.

When I bump into people and they tell me that they are addicted to my blog I am blown away.

I have cried when I have read people's comments. I have also giggled and even challenged my own thinking.

I love being about to give people the opportunity to share their stories and I feel grateful that they see my blog as a place to be honest and safe from criticism.

My eyes have been opened to the battles others face.

My mind has been cleared of hate and regret over my depression.

I have been empowered to share my super sensitive story.

My open and raw wounds have been given the opportunity to heal and scar as a reminder of my battle.

If I could show people how much their kind words and readership means to me, and how much you have helped me to move on with my life after depression, then I would be truly happy.

It's not just a blog to me; it's my coping mechanism. It's one of the only places that I can be brutally honest and where I can express my true feelings and thoughts.

My blog has allowed me to combine my passion for writing with my love for sharing and my deep desire to educate.

So thank you.

People always tell me how much my blog has helped them and this is my chance to tell you how much your support has helped me.

Recently when I had to make an incredibly difficult decision to resign from a position I loved to put my health first, I thought of what advice I'd give a reader in my circumstance and about practicing what I preach to others about the importance of your well being and it helped me to make my decision.

You have helped me deal with my ghosts from the past but you help me to maintain a healthy life everyday.

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty

No comments: