Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Friday 21 March 2014

#100happydays Challenge

There's something special in every single day,  it's just a matter of opening our eyes and truly seeing and appreciating the beauty in everything that surrounds us.

The #100happydays Challenge is just that;  being mindful and recognizing that happiness is all around us.

I'm a sucker at times for believing that happiness comes from the joy of working towards and achieving the big goals;  like a wedding day,  overseas holiday and renovating,  but the reality is that they are big ticket items that do bring loads of happiness,  but they also take time and money to achieve.

When I open my eyes and look around me I can see that I can find happiness in every single day of my life and simple pleasures that make me smile.

I'm at a point in my life,  where I'm sure many others have found themselves before,  where I feel stuck in abit of a work to earn money,  use money to pay the bills,  work more to try and get ahead type cycle. I feel as though I've achieved many of the big milestones and goals that I have set so far in my life now that i am happily married,  have traveled the world and have purchased property and now I'm content to settle down a little and start to make our life more comfortable.

Now, instead of finding happiness in the pursuit and saving for those big goals,  I'm having to turn my focus to find little pleasures in every single day so that I don't get caught up in feeling like we're not get anywhere past the bills.

That's when I saw that my best friend from The Secret Life of Samara had joined up to the #100happydays Challenge and I thought,  wow, what a great way to make myself stop and appreciate when I see beauty and fleeting moments of pure joy in my life.

So today's my first day of the Challenge and it just so happens to be a Saturday,  so already I'm feeling super relaxed and joyful about life because it's the weekend!

I guess the real challenge will be stopping and appreciating the little things during the work week in between rushing out the door,  hopping in my car for my 45 minute drive, pumping out 9 hours of pure brain straining productiveness,  jumping back into my car,  arriving home at 630, cooking tea and flopping on the couch exhausted!

But,  I am forever mindful that each day is a gift,  and that I truly am so blessed with everything I have in my life,  even if some days happiness comes from reminding yourself that you have your health,  shelter,  food,  love, employment and the opportunity to better your life through your decisions.

If you're keen to learn more about the happiness challenge than jump onto the website and sign up if you think it's something worth taking the time to do to bring more happiness into your life.

I look forward to making my already happy life even happier over the next 100 days.

#100happydays.

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

1 comment:

Eesh said...

I've heard about the challenge but have yet to try it. I've been meaning to, I really have but just haven't gotten around to it. I'm super excited to follow your journey though!

xo
Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise