Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Saturday 29 March 2014

I Choose Me!

In a world where selfishness is confused with self centered and ignorant,  it's little wonder that people are forgetting to put themselves first.

Having a full calender is seen as something to brag about,  but what about scheduling in time for hot dates with yourself to recharge your batteries?

Selfish or selfless?

Selfless because you know that you can't serve other people unless you look after yourself or selfish because how dare you bail from life's crazy momentum to capture a few rejuvenating moments for yourself?

Is it okay to choose me?

Is "I'm puffed" a worthy excuse for bailing?

To hell with societies unrealistic expectations on one's own self worth;  and raise your glasses,  chocolate filed bowls,  candles,  date night with the couch,  manicures,  movie marathons and solitude.

I choose me,  probably not often enough,  but when I do its oh so sweet.

When was the last time that you choose you?


Look after yourself and those around you, 


Kirsty xxx


Ps a sneak peak at the last time I choose me aka pretty new nails! 

No comments: