Unspoken Conversations are the topics that are often swept under the carpet, whispered amongst the closest of friends and bitched about by many. I want to create awareness about difficult things that people face in life; grief, mental health, money, illnesses, family troubles, relationship difficulties and putting yourself first. I want to tell the truth about things that really matter.

Monday 26 May 2014

Heart Eating/ Hate Cooking; Easy Peasy Recipes

Eating is one of my favorite pastimes;  infact,  as soon as I've finished the last spoonful of my delicious portion chances are that my mind is already wondering about what's next for me to devour.

Problem.

I hate cooking.  Okay,  hate is a strong word,  but I cook to fulfill my growling stomach, and not because I eeeek *enjoy it*.

Let's just say that if it's my turn to host a dinner party,  I usually "whip up" tacos,  or a BBQ or cook yourself your own meat on a European/hot rock inspired experience.

There's definitely nothing gourmet about it;  unless I get ambitious and plonk a piece of parsley into the sour cream for garnish!

Problem.

I need to eat and my husband isn't always around for me to snap my fingers and be waited on hand and foot.

I'm not sure what it is about it that I really dislike; maybe it's the fact that you have to be shock horror organized with a shopping list.  Or because there's fancy pancy ingredients that are required for experimentation that I never have in my cupboards.  Or because I'd rather be face down totally engrossed in a true love story over a recipe book.  Or maybe it's because I want something that I can whip up in seconds;  and the thought of having to marinate the night before or prepare in advance sends shudders down my spine.

Nope; I want food and I want it now.

So I thought I'd create a little segment for like minded people who heart eating but hate cooking with basic old mundane ingredients that you find in your cupboard or fridge; like plain flour, milk,  oil and butter and not cornflour,  sesame oil, balsamic vinegar and all things la de da.

Yup,  plain,  simple,  practicable,  edible and ready to eat in 20 minutes tops from raw ingredients to consumption.

First up is my idea of "stepping out of my comfort zone and trying something new".

Check out this easy peasy recipe on Jess' s blog for chicken and sweet corn soup. 


It's perfect for lazy rainy Monday nights so that you have left overs for lunch,  something warm for your belly,  you can grab a cooked chook on the way home from work and eat the skin to satisfy your belly rumbles before you get home and it's super easy! 

http://www.aheartfulloffrost.com/2012/04/soup-yeh-yeh-recipe-time.html?m=1

***note; no random ingredients.

***I swapped raw chicken for a cooked chook from the shops because I'm super lazy.

***delicious.

***leftovers.

***filling.

***ready in 10 minutes.

***literally cut up chicken,  open cans of corn,  chuck in,  boil,  stir in flour and egg.

Winning!

Do you heart eating but hate cooking?

Do you have any easy recipes to share?

Look after yourself and those around you,

Kirsty xxx

No comments: